Fentech Agri at Midlands Machinery Show
The Midlands Machinery Show is one of the most important agricultural events in the UK, and it’s always a great place to see the latest and greatest in farming equipment. In 2022, arable drills were one of the big stars of the show.
This year at the show we will be focusing on showcasing our arable drills and subsoilers.
Arable drills are a vital piece of equipment for any arable farmer. They are used to plant a wide range of crops, including wheat, barley, oilseed rape, and maize.
Here are a few of the highlights from the Midlands Machinery Show:
- New precision seeding technology: Some of the latest arable drills feature precision seeding technology that allows farmers to plant seeds at exactly the right depth and spacing. This can help to improve germination rates and ensure that the crop grows evenly.
- Improved fertilizer application: Many of the new drills also have improved fertilizer application systems. This allows farmers to apply fertilizer directly to the seed row, which can help to improve nutrient uptake and boost crop yields.
- Increased efficiency: The latest direct drills are more efficient than ever before. They can sow more seed per hour, and they require less maintenance. This can help farmers to save time and money on their operations.
SIMTECH direct drills at the Midlands Machinery Show:
Simtech TS600AP pneumatic drill
There are many different makes and models of direct drills available on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one to choose. The latest drills are more efficient and accurate than ever before, and they can help farmers save time and money.
Simtech direct drills are available in a range of sizes and configurations to suit different needs. The T-SEM 300 is a popular choice for arable farmers, while the T-SEM Grass is ideal for livestock and mixed farmers. Simtech also offers a range of folding direct drills for larger operations, up to 6m currently looking to expand the range into trailed drills in 2024.
That’s why it’s important to visit the Midlands Machinery Show and have a chat with our friendly team members (Stand 207 – Outside) to discuss your specific needs. Let us help you find the perfect Simtech drill for your needs.
In the meantime, here is a link to out Simtech website where you can see the full range of our direct drills: www.simtechuk.com
Benefits of Using a Simtech Direct Drill
There are many benefits to using a direct drill, including:
- Increased precision: they are designed to place seeds at a consistent depth and spacing, which can lead to improved germination and crop yields.
- Reduced soil disturbance: minimal soil disturbance, which can help to improve soil health and fertility, as well as reduce weed germination.
- Improved water conservation: arable direct drills can help to conserve water by reducing evaporation from the soil surface.
- Reduced labor costs: they help to bring down labor costs by reducing the operations required to establish a seed bed.
- Increased work rates: arable direct drills can have high work rates, which can help farmers to cover large areas of land quickly and efficiently.
Our drills are simple and easy to maintain, meaning minimal downtime during critical periods.
How to Choose the Right Direct Drill for Your Needs
When choosing an arable drill, there are a few factors to consider, including:
- The type of soil you have: Some drills are better suited to certain types of soil than others. For example, disc drills are good for perfect conditions, while tine drills are better for lighter soils and a broader range of conditions.
- The crops you grow: Different crops require different planting depths and spacings. Make sure to choose a drill that is compatible with the crops you grow.
- Your budget: Arable drills can range in price from a few thousand pounds to tens of thousands of pounds. Set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t overspend.
- The size of your farm: If you have a large farm, you may want to choose a drill with a wide working width. This will allow you to cover large areas of land quickly. Choose a width to fit with your system to reduce compaction.
- The features you need: Some drills come with additional features, such as seed and fertiliser application systems, and precision farming technology. Decide which features are important to you and choose a drill that has them.
Direct drills are an essential piece of equipment for any farmer who wants to maintain a healthy and productive farmland. The latest arable drills are more efficient and accurate than ever before, and they can help farmers save time and money.
Overall, Simtech direct drills are a popular choice for farmers who are looking for a simple, versatile, and reliable way to drill their crops.
ADVANTAGE Subsoiler at the Midlands Machinery Show:
Subsoilers are agricultural tools that are used to break up the hardpan layer of soil, which is a dense layer of soil that can form below the topsoil. This layer can make it difficult for roots to grow deep into the soil, which can limit the plant’s access to water and nutrients.
Subsoilers work by shattering the hardpan layer, which allows for better drainage and aeration. This can lead to improved crop yields and increased resistance to drought and other stressors.
This year at the Midlands Machinery Show you will be able to see Fentech Agri’s ultra low disturbance, 4 meter subsoiler – Advantage. It can replace a traditional subsoiler or be used as a vital tool in a No-Till cultivation system. Tillso technology is used to build our subsoilers. You can find out more about it by visiting: https://tillso.co.uk/products/advantage/
Benefits of using subsoilers
- Improved drainage: they can help to improve drainage by breaking up the hardpan layer and allowing water to flow more easily through the soil. This can help to reduce the risk of waterlogging, which can damage crops.
- Increased aeration: subsoilers can also help to increase aeration by breaking up the hardpan layer and allowing air to circulate more easily through the soil. This can help to improve root growth and development.
- Improved crop yields: they can help to improve crop yields by providing plants with better access to water and nutrients. This is because the broken-up hardpan layer makes it easier for roots to grow deep into the soil.
- Increased resistance to drought and other stressors: subsoilers can help to increase resistance to drought and other stressors by improving drainage and aeration. This is because well-drained and aerated soil is less likely to be affected by drought and other stressors.
We are looking forward to the Midlands Machinery Show on November 8-9, 2023. We will be located in the outside area, stand M7.
At our stand, you will have the opportunity to see our latest and greatest agricultural machinery. We will also have our team of experts on hand to answer your questions and help you find the right machines for your needs.
We hope you will join us at the Midlands Machinery Show. Please stop by our stand to learn more about our products and services.
To register for the show, please visit https://midlandsmachineryshow.com/
We look forward to seeing you there!
Fentech Agri Team